Zongzi Sticky Rice Dumpling Origami How To
This is a fun and simple origami activity, and the best part is that its dumpling related- one of our favorite foods! Too bad making the real zongzi sticky rice dumplings aren't this easy :)
- Step 1- Cut a green piece of construction paper into 1.5-inch strips. You can vary the width of the strip of paper to make larger or smaller zong zi sticky rice dumplings.
- Step 2- Fold one end of the strip once into a triangle, and then repeat the triangle shape again and again until you reach the end of the strip.
- Step 3- Unfold the paper so you can see the triangle creases in the paper.
- Step 4- Using the lines in the paper, fold the strip of paper into the beginnings of a 3D triangle. Using the preliminary form of the 3D Triangle, continue to fold the remainder of the paper around and around making the triangle shape sturdier. Tuck the end of the paper inside the triangle.
- Step 5- Decorate the zongzi with string by wrapping it around the triangle and tying it in the back.
- And you’re done!
Shop our pretend play food sets: