Easy Lantern How To
These lanterns are super easy to make and is a great craft for the mid autumn festival season! You can also mix and match different colored construction paper and add stickers and other decorations for a more festive lantern.
- Step 1: Take your construction paper and cut off a strip at the end of it and set aside, this will be the handle for the lantern.
- Step 2: Fold the paper in half
- Step 3: Draw a line .5 inches away from the top of the page so you’ll know where to stop cutting.
- Step 4: Cut thin strips from the middle of the paper to the line. Fold the paper the other way so you will no longer see the line on the paper you drew.
- Step 5: Unfold the paper and tape the ends of the paper together to create the body of the lantern.
- Step 6: Tape the lantern handle to the top inside part of the lantern. And you're done!
Shop our festive play food set: